- In our house, I make meal plans and grocery lists and then Casey goes to the store (either on his way home from work or when the boys are asleep). Occasionally I grocery shop, but for the most part getting out with all three is just too hard! Casey being the shopper means I get pictures like these texted to me. He knows me so well! Heck yes!
- I don't hide my faith around here. If you read my blog, you should know how important my personal relationship with Christ is to my everyday life. Today, I'm asking all of y'all for prayers. One of the sweet sweet girls in my MOPS group is having surgery today to remove a cancerous tumor. Analyzing the tumor will help the doctors know the next steps in her cancer treatment. Annie is a young mom with two little ones and has amazing courage, strength, and most importantly faith.
- Saturday we took the boys to the SMU-TCU football game. It was James' first game and he happily slept through it! The bigger boys were overwhelmed and a bit scared of all the noise, but liked looking around at all the people and throwing their hands in the air to say "uch-ow" (touchdown). Too bad SMU didn't score any touchdowns to cheer about!
- We fulfilled our September goal of trying a Sunday School class at HPUMC. (Barely! It took us until the very last Sunday, but we did it!) It's really hard to judge a class on one experience, but we really enjoyed it and plan on going back.
- On Saturday night, Casey's parents came to watch the boys (all three!) and we went out to celebrate a friend's 30th birthday. We're all getting old! But seriously, happy birthday Victoria! We went to Cane Rosso, a Neapolitan pizza joint and in really exciting news, they offer vegan cheese!! I ate pizza with cheese on it!! And it was delicious. Like unexplainably, amazingly delicious.
- Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win a Kinsa Smart Thermometer. You have until Thursday to enter! And as a mom with multiple kiddos to keep track of, I really find this valuable and I know you'll want one too.
- The twins started wearing cloth diapers as soon as they were big enough to fit (10ish pounds) and I pretty much loved cloth. In fact, we even took cloth diapers on vacation with us last summer! When James was born we decided to do a month of disposables for all three boys until James was big enough to fit into cloth. So, after our month we got back into cloth and we were doing fine. Then staph infection hit our house (again) and the cream the pediatrician wanted us to use was a cloth diaper destroyer. It was bad enough for cloth that I didn't feel a barrier strip would protect the diapers, so we bought more disposables. I'm embarrassed to admit that I think we may have reached the end of our cloth journey. I just ordered another box of disposables for them. I didn't realize how overwhelmed I felt until I took something off my plate. Disposables are great. So easy! And we found a brand that doesn't give Tripp a rash! If you are looking for a good, non-toxic diaper consider Honest Company. I am using their bundle service but you can also pick them up at Target.
- And finally..... I'm bringing you another fun giveaway today. We all know I'm not a fashion blogger, but I know other great bloggers who are! So I'm partnering with Erica Start Walking to bring you this giveaway. Erica Start Walking is packed full of fashion, recipes, crafts, and basically all of the domestic goodness I wish I blogged about. She is also adorably pregnant. 24/7 Frenzy, an online clothing store. Pop on over to their website to check out the fashion they offer. I'd personally spend my $50 on this (I love the pockets!). a Rafflecopter giveaway
**Disclaimer: I have not been compensated for this post, for mentioning 24/7 Frenzy, or participating in this giveaway. All opinions are my own. I am not responsible for the delivery of the prizes.
- Have an awesome Monday!