|Paint. Fabric. Train track.|
I bought little sample pots of color to make a final paint decision in the nursery. And I don't like any of them. The left it so muddy. The middle looked like such a pure grey in the paper sample but looks too blue on the wall. The right has too much of a green undertone. Ugh. Going back this weekend to buy a few more! (Also - don't you love the train track I made out if electrical tape? We'll be painting a train track on - or at this point maybe buying a vinyl one - so it was to give us an idea of the whole look!)
[two]Poor Davy has so staph infection. And the pediatrician is concerned it might be MRSA. They sent a culture off to the lab to find out. The whole family gets treatment in the meantime. Not fun. The boys need to bathe every night in special soap then the tub needs bleached. Every night. We all have an antibiotic cream to put up our noses which is apparently a common place to carry MRSA. We need to purell at NICU levels again. Poor little guy!
[three]The house tour linkup I've been doing is featuring outdoor spaces next week. Our grass is dead. We just had a dead tree removed. The squirrels killed my outdoor cushions. I didn't plant a single flower yet this year. (What? I'm not perfect! I'm pregnant. I have toddlers. Things fall through the cracks!) we need mulch like whoa. Needless to say, I'm embarrassed by the total lack of curb appeal! But I wasn't embarrassed showing this very real life picture on Instagram. Go figure.
|This is real like. Messy. Not perfect. And I love it.|
[four]A big decision has been made. I'm not going to attempt a VBAC. Pending the results of these tests I will deliver by c section at either 37 or 39 weeks. I was pretty excited I was a candidate for a VBAC, but I don't have any bad feelings about my previous c-section. No trauma. No compelling need for a "do over". I am just outside the cusp of safety for a VBAC according to the AAP (18 months - I'd be 18m9d at full term) although my OB is comfortable at 15 months so that isn't the reason. I have a very long cervix. (Measured 6cm at 33w last pregnancy. Measured 4.7cm last week.) and I worry that will make labor harder. My OB said it doesn't make it harder, just longer. But even that made me nervous that a longer labor gives my uterus more time to potentially rupture. I also have a very tight cervix. To do IVF I had to have a cervical dilation surgery to expand my cervix temporarily. So maybe my cervix just never opens? Finally, this little guy is measuring 80-90th percentile on all his measurements. His brother's did too. So at full term Baby J will be a big baby! None of these individual things are enough to stop a VBAC, but combined they have me nervous enough that I don't want to try. I'm feeling really comfortable with my choice.
Also in pregnancy news, today I am 33w3d pregnant. Assuming I stay that way all day, I'll be the most pregnant I've ever been tonight. (More on my emotions about this week here and my labor story with the twins here.)
|33w3d the first time around|
I'm heading up to my OBs office for bloodwork. (Wasn't I just there on Wednesday?!?!) These labs will help decide if I get to wait to deliver at 39w or if BabyJ is coming at 37w -- only four weeks away!
Both Monday and Tuesday Davy got stuck in containers around the house. Solo parenting fail. Baby cuteness win.