|The boys love the cabinet in the sunroom. They've claimed it as their own.|
Saturday afternoon, we worked on combining offices. This involved A LOT of cleaning out and throwing away. We also learned that when our random office supplies are combined we own a lot of pens and even more binder clips. Drawer organizers have been ordered and will be here later this week to help tame the pen situation.
|Office supply hoarders.|
For now, the new combined office is clean, organized and looking good. It's looking pretty gosh darn girly in its pink and green glory so at some point all of the pink things will need traded out, but one step at a time. We need to decorate a nursery before we think about an office!
|Three monitors, a MacBook, an iPad. Technology much? |
We got all of the furniture moved for the great room switch so the nursery is empty and waiting to become a nursery. The guest room is all set up as a guest room. (Well minus the closet that is still full of Casey's office stuff to go through.) The office furniture we are keeping (love seat and a cabinet) and moved and now in place in the sunroom.
|The sunroom layout now.|
We took pictures and listed A TON of things on Craigslist.
I have been really really nervous about our lack of progress on the cleaning and baby prep front because even though I am 8 weeks from my due date (32 weeks today!) I am so nervous we actually only have 8 days left before my water breaks (it broke at 33w1d last time) and we need to be prepared. I know this is irrational. I know I will most likely go full term this time. But inside, I'm a much bigger mess of emotion than I ever expected to be.
So, we may not have done anything super fun or exciting this Memorial Day Weekend, but we really did rock this weekend and I feel so freakin' good!
The Before Baby To Do List (which just keeps growing!):
Sell kitchen tableSold??
- Sell old dining room table (currently in garage)
- Sell old dining room light fixture
- Sell old kitchen light fixture
- Sell old bathroom light fixture
Clean out guest bedroom so it can become a nursery Remove everything from closet Move guest bedroom furniture into new room Clean out Casey's office so it can become the guest bedroom
- Remove everything from office closet
Clean Lexy's office
- Clean out craft closet
Repair drywall in craft closet Combine offices Move computer (figure out how to get stronger internet signal back there) Move office sofa and cabinet to sunroom
- Sell desk
Move guest room furniture into its new room
- Hang fan in new guest room
Buy dresser for Baby J's nursery
- Buy knobs to update dresser
- Deep clean new nursery while empty
- Hang fan in nursery
- Paint nursery
- Attach dressers to wall in nursery
- Evaluate nursery closet situation
Order art for nursery
- Order vinyl wall décor for nursery
Order decorations for nursery Order name blocks for new baby
- Strip and Wash all Newborn cloth diapers
- Sort and Wash all Newborn Clothes
- Contact Liz about my Newborn and Maternity clothes I lent her
- Disinfect all baby toys (swings, RnPs, bouncers, etc)
- Sort and put away all clothes in Master Bedroom
- Find space in Master closets for the rest of the clothes that used to be in the guest room (DONATE)
Get dead tree removed
- Get sprinklers looked at
- Make a plan for replanting flower beds and reseeding grass in front and back. Hire a landscape designer?
- Attach dresser to wall in boys room
- Work on toy storage in game room
- Get china hutch refinished
- Move china and crystal from game room cabinet into china hutch in dining room
- Sell old car
- Buy "Coming Home Outfit"
- Buy Big Bro/Little Bro Outfits