Sometimes things happen throughout the week that are interesting and blog-worthy, but they just aren't a full post. Fragments for Friday to the rescue! All of those random thoughts collected over the week can go in one place: Fragments for Friday.
Not a Myrtle and I are so excited so offer you the chance to link up and share your Fragments for Friday. So jot your notes and link up with us!
- We took maternity pictures on Sunday with our friend David Tran. We have been able to see quite a few of them and they are seriously amazing!! I'll do a full post with pictures soon (after I pick which ones go on our Christmas card!) but I have posted sneak peeks here and here. And one more for good measure:
Look at Casey's HUGE we're having twins grin!
It isn't the best photo of me, but Casey looks so good; how could I not share!
- Casey and I are so blessed to know so many really awesome people. We had two baby shower this week and are just so thankful for all of y'all! I've got a post written about the showers - just need to get the pictures off of the camera. (So probably posting Saturday. Maybe Monday.
- Casey's Dad is seriously a rock star! I shared the picture of the trim he made earlier this week (I'm still in awe!). Now, he has started putting together the sides to see how it all goes together. I can't even describe how pretty they are! Casey will be out working Saturday and Sunday trying to get construction finished.
|One crib short side.|
- Insurance companies work really hard to make life difficult. In total, I spent 5.5 hours on the phone with my insurance company this week trying to learn how our coverage will change with the implementation of the Affordable Care Act on January 1. The act requires that companies cover lactation support and counseling, including the cost of a breast pump.
- Seems easy enough. I called to find out which local lactation consualtants will be covered. I had to educate THEM that lactation consultants are covered (they didn't know!). Four supervisors later, my LC will be covered as long I use one who is affiliated with and bills through a covered facility. So I can at least get coverage to use the LC at the hospital! And, this may have just helped me choose a pediatrician. One of the practices on my list has two LCs on staff.
- I also called for information on how to go about getting a breast pump. Seriously complicated! They will EITHER cover renting a hospital grade pump OR buying a store grade pump. BUT you must buy/rent though one of their preferred suppliers. All of the suppliers are super slow. So I can't order until Janursy 1 when our new coverage begins and they take up to 10w for processing and shipping. Seriously! My babies are coming in 9w! Grrrr.
- We set up an online guessing site to enter your expectations for Pip and Pop. We would LOVE for ALL of you to play along! Go to http://www.expectnet.com/games/CassBoys to enter your guesses. We are really excited to see your thoughts!
- We got the ceiling fan hung in the nursery this week! Things are coming together. I am so excited to have good lighting in their now. The old light fixture had just one bulb and wasn't bright enough for the 14.5x13 room. The new one has four bulbs and is on a dimmer so we can decide how bright the room needs to be. I'm thinking this will be really helpful late at night!
- On Saturday I had my EKG (echocardiogram) and finished up my 24hour heart monitor. Wearing the heart monitor was uncomfortable! It left my skin all red and the stickers gave me hives. Fun. I should get the results back next week, but I'm not overly concerned as my OB and cardiologist both said this was precautionary.
- I truly believe in the power of prayer and know that God listens and responds. He is all-powerful, all-wonderful, and all-capable. He is capable of infinitely more than infinitesimally more than we can even imagine (Ephesians 3:20). On my heart:
- My brother finally got results back from his repeat MRI. He is now going for a second opinion. Continued prayers for him, his wife, and their two little girls.
- A friend (my best friend's SIL) lost a baby to vanishing twin syndrome this week. I can't imagine how hard this must be for her. She lost her son's twin early in pregnancy last year as well.
- On Thursday, I had my Gestational Diabetes test. I will learn the results sometime next week. Prayers I am healthy! I also had another growth scan of the babies so be on the lookout for an update soon!
- Numerous twitter friends going through infertility treatments, pregnancy complications, bed rest, waiting for adoption or surrogacy, and the struggles of raising kids.
- @BabyBumpAhead had her twin girls this week. They are in the NICU but doing well!
- @EndoJourney's son MB remains in the NICU but is making a lot of progress.
- @RNPhotoGirl had her FET last week. After all of her heartache, I am praying so hard that she gets her Christmas Miracle. The two week wait can be so hard, so if you are on twitter go offer some words of encouragement!
Three of the probes are visible above my shirt's neckline.
The other two are covered.
In the bottom left you can see the small recorder that captured all of the information.
Write your own Fragments for Friday and link up with us!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list...
December Big Idea: