Sometimes things happen throughout the week that are interesting and blog-worthy, but they just aren't a full post. Fragments for Friday to the rescue! All of those random thoughts collected over the week can go in one place: Fragments for Friday.
Not a Myrtle and I are so excited so offer you the chance to link up and share your Fragments for Friday. So jot your notes and link up with us!
- Oh Dear God, we are a broken people. We are so in need of you and your son, Jesus Christ. Our hearts are desperate for you. I don't know how to pray in this situation. I don't know adequate words, but Father, you do. Let your Holy Spirit be around us and in us as we grieve with and for these Sandy Hook Elementary families. I am wishing peace for all those parents, many of whom don't know if their child is alive. I pray for the innocence of children. I pray for the little ones in Connecticut who lost that innocence today. Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care, and fit us for Heaven to live with Thee there.
- Connecticut has some of strictest gun control laws in the nation. And still violence. So, let's talk about society where mental problems ignored and people don't get the help they need. We create people like this! Or as better stated by @lindsaygeist on twitter: "I don't think we create them. We just don't provide them with the tools they need and deserve to function at expected standards."
- You've all seen this bullet before, but I really want more guesses! We set up an online guessing site to enter your expectations for Pip and Pop. We would LOVE for ALL of you to play along! Go to http://www.expectnet.com/games/CassBoys to enter your guesses. We are really excited to see your thoughts!
- I got a really awesome package in the mail this week from @polkadotsandsun. How adorable are these hand crocheted dinosaurs! I left them on the kitchen table so Casey would see them when he got home from work. He picked them up off the table and walked ino the bedroom to show me "his dinosaurs." I'm going to have to figure out how to keep Casey away from Pip and Pop's things!
- I spent Monday afternoon and evening at L&D. Again. This time with a stomach bug that left me dehydrated. No fun. The stomach bug still hasn't gone away. Less fun.
- On Wednesday night we found a tick on our indoor city dog. In December! So so gross! We managed to get it off of her (thank goodness for google). She is now on all sorts of medications for an infection. Poor pup!
- I am really behind on blog posts! I have all of these great post ideas, but no time to finish writing them. My drafts file is FULL of half written posts! Some of them I don't think I'll ever get back to.
- Especially my remaining "Buying All The Things" posts. I don't think these will ever get posted. Unless someone specifically asks I write about my research on a product. And then I will. I have posts started for toys, crib mattresses, bassinets/cradles, and pack and plays. I intended to write about every baby purchase. They are my least read posts so any additional ones will have to be by request.
- We had to delay our carpet installation until next week due to my stomach bug. I know it seems odd that a stomach bug means no carpet, but part of getting carpet installed is getting EVERYTHING off of the floor. Our house just wasn't ready and while sick I couldn't muster the energy to do it.
- Over the weekend we went to eat in Dallas' Bishop Arts District at a restaurant it is difficult to get reservations at called Lucia. We ate some of the weirdest things! Rabbit meatballs? Chicken liver pâté? Bone marrow risotto? Just to name a few!
- I got the results back from the cardiologist and my heart is funcitoning just fine. It is working hard supporting me, Pip, and Pop, but the EKG and 24 hour heart monitor didn't reveal any problems.
- My Gestational Diabetes results also came back and I am free to keep eating cookies. Woohoo!
- I truly believe in the power of prayer and know that God listens and responds. He is all-powerful, all-wonderful, and all-capable. He is capable of infinitely more than infinitesimally more than we can even imagine (Ephesians 3:20). On my heart:
- I am fighting a nasty stomach bug and working really hard to stay hydrated. Prayers the boys are doing okay and continuing to grow and thrive, even though I'm not doing so well getting them nutrients.
- Numerous twitter friends going through infertility treatments, pregnancy complications, bed rest, waiting for adoption or surrogacy, and the struggles of raising kids.
- @BabyBumpAhead and her twin girls were released from the NICU and are now home and doing well.
- A huge joy: @suzschmooz got a BFP during an acupuncture cycle. They were preparing for IVF in January. What a blessing and prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- @When20Meets30 had a really hard week. She has been off twitter with her family. I am not going to divulge details, as it is her story to share, but please pray for her family.
- @RNPhotoGirl is nearing the end of the two week wait. She finds out on Tuesday if FET worked.
Write your own Fragments for Friday and link up with us!
December Big Idea: