I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long.
A brief update of my life since Christmas:
1) Casey got me pearl earrings for Christmas to match the necklace I wore for our wedding.
2) I turned 24 on December 31. It was a fantastic birthday with friends in from out of town.
3) On the 3rd we went to an engagement party for my best friend Liz and her fiancee Paul. It was fantastic seeing all of the McKinney folks - now that I don't live their or go to church their I miss all of them!
4) Casey started his third module. He's making progress towards his MBA!
5) I had graduate orientation for my PhD. I sat next to the annoying kid who asked ridiculous questions. "Is there wireless on campus?" "Yes" a few minutes later "Is there wireless in the library?" a few minutes later "Is there wireless in the Student Union" etc.
6) I started classes towards my PhD. I'm taking 9 hours this semester and am so excited to have started classes towards my dream! I'm taking two public policy seminars and a statistics course this semester and between classes and the seminars and lectures each week I am busy!
7) Casey and I met up with four friends in Crested Butte, CO for MLK weekend and had an incredible time. We skied, snowmobiled, sat by the fire, ate great food, tubed, drank wine/beer in the hot tub, and just all around had fun! It was so hard coming back to Dallas (and reality) after that!