Don't forget to Ask me Anything! (I would love to hear your questions!) But until then here is my first question(s) to get you started.
Quiche Me, I'm Yours tagged me to do this little survey about Christmas.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I have to have at least on glass of Egg Nog just to say I had it - but really I prefer hot tea
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? Most gifts are wrapped - but Santa just puts a bow on the really big things (like bikes and playhouses)
3.Colored lights on house/tree or white? I really like plain white lights. Casey loves colored lights. We tried to go all green this year and so we bought LED lights - and neither of us are big fans of blue lights. Poor Casey had to take them all down! We haven't bought new ones yet though.
4.Do you hang mistletoe? I wish I could find some to hang! I bought it last year and had it in the house - but this year I can't find any.
5. When do you put up your decorations? Decorations go up on Christmas Day and stay up through Epiphany
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My moms sweet potatoes
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The last Christmas before my Dad passed away he and I put up the Christmas train while my parents were watching my niece. She was about 6 months at the time. My Dad and I loved watching her as she pushed up off of the floor and her whole head moved in circles as tried to follow the path of the train. My Dad died a few months later and everything about that year is incredibly special to me.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember.... I know that one year I believed and the next I didn't, but I don't remember a traumatic event or dramatic moment
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes - my mom always let us choose what gift we would open. And somehow she always convinced us to open to box that had our new pajamas in it.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our big tree is all silver and crystal. Casey's parents collected sterling snowflakes and have the entire collection from 1976 (first year) to almost present (missing a few from 2000-present) and we inherited all of those. We are adding to that with our own collection of Swarovski snowflakes and Waterford Times Square Balls.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? Love it!
12. Can you ice skate? I can make one or two laps before I completely wipe out and humiliate myself in front of the whole mall
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My big outdoor playhouse or my American girl doll.
14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Mint Squares
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Casey and I are still working on creating our own traditions - but I'll let you know!
17. What tops your Christmas Tree? We just bought a new topper at the Neimans Christmas store this year. It is a gold pointy up thing with blue crystal sprigs all around it. It looks much prettier than I am describing it!
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving for sure
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Anything on the Beach Boys Christmas album
20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? Love them!
21. What do you want for Christmas? We got a new pool table - and now we are just exchanging stockings
22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Yes. I am hosting this year (Aaaahhhh - I have to have everything ready by Saturday and instead of going to the grocery store I'm filling this out!)
23. Do you dress-up for Christmas Eve, or wear pajamas? Dress up for the Christmas Eve Service and then change into PJs.
24. Do you own a Santa hat? YES!no
25. Who do you spend Christmas with? In the past Casey's family has done Christmas on Christmas Eve so we spend Christmas with my family. This year we get the fun task of attempting to split the day between two houses. Can you tell how thrilled I am? I love Casey's family and definitely want to see them. But the idea of driving an hour to Fort Worth for a sub sandwich for lunch on Christmas Day isn't very appealing. And even less appealing is the idea of staying for 2 hours and then driving two hours to my Mom's house. It'll be a great day of bonding for Casey and I since we'll spend most of the day crammed into the car together!
I'm supposed to tag 5-7 people - but I feel like a lot of people have done this already so I'm going to leave it open to anyone who wants to do it!