So here's how this game works -- head over to flickr and search using the answers to the below questions. Then you put them in a mosaic. Not too hard.
1. What is your first name? Alexis
2. What is your favorite food? chicken and dumplings
3. What high school did you attend? McKinney High School
4. What is your favorite color? yellow and pink
5. Who is your celebrity crush? I really don't have one - sad to say! So I did my most recent girl crush -- she's smart, accomplished, a good mom, and has a great career -- I may not agree with her on every issue but I still love Sarah Palin!
6. Favorite drink? Sweet tea
7. Dream vacation? I would love to go back to Santorini
8. Favorite dessert? Red velvet cake with chocolate icing
9. What do you want to be when you grow up? a mom
10. What do you love most in life? Casey
11. One word to describe you? flawed
12. Your Flickr name? I don't have one so I used my last name instead
So now that you've gotten a great visual of me -- here is my day!
6:45am: Alarm went off
7:30am: Finally got out of bed. I threw on grubby clothes, brushed my teeth, added a hat and called it good enough!
8:00am: On the phone with the vet. I needed to confirm everything the emergency clinic told me (see next post) and make an appointment.
8:20am: Driving to my brother and sisterin-laws house
9:00am: I spent the entire day at Dejay and M'Lynne's house helping M'Lynne paint their kitchen table and barstools. They have had the same table and chairs for YEARS and she was ready for a change. We painted the table legs and barstools Regal Red (a deep red - but really burgundy but a nice deep rich red) and then distressed them and added a coat of a brown glaze. They turned out great and I know M'Lynne is really happy with them! I wish I had remembered to take my camera with me so I could show before and after pictures.
4:45pm: Driving home. During rush hour. In Dallas traffic. Ugh.
6:00pm: Arrive home and get in the shower to get all of the paint off of me!
6:30pm: AT&T repair guy arrives. Perhaps, after two weeks of my TV and Internet CONSTANTLY going out this one managed to repair it. I'm not holding my breath though.
6:30pm: While talking to the AT&T guy and explaining our troubles I went ahead and started dinner.
7:30pm: Yummy dinner while watching Chuck. Or at least, while watching part of Chuck. Apparently AT&T guy had to turn off our signal for about 30 minutes (from 7:11 to to 7:42) and so the middle of Chuck was missing. I'm going to watch Gosspi Girl online as soon as I finish the blog entry! We had a great dinner - steaks (Casey loves his new grill!), brown-sugar glazed carrots, green beans, a delicious tomato parmesan pasta, and I have banana pudding in the fridge that should be ready soon!
8:45pm: Getting notes together for my vet appointment - writing down my questions, checking my supply of Revolution, etc.
9:00pm: Making sure I remember what happened in "Love Walked In” by Marisa De Los Santos so that I am prepared for my Book Club meeting tomorrow.
9:00pm: While blogging. Of Course.